Monday 1 September 2014

Proud

So we went off Proud City on Saturday night, a friends birthday which started as a group of ten but turned into a group of eight due to illness. Aaaanyway I thought mmm, City of London, wanker bankers and more money than sense which was right and wrong at the same time. The upshot was I elected not to 'dress'. A good decision as I would have been the only 'trans' and I was seated with my back to the stage runway less than a foot away which would have guaranteed me being dragged onstage. A lovely meal and all things considerd not too expensive as it was a Groupon offer at £29 each. I must admit burlesque is not really my thing, yes it is entertaining but its just not me. That said the young lady with the hula-hoops was excellent but my personal highlight was the compere, Joe Morose, funny, witty and a great voice, luckily he was onstage in total more than anyone else. The crowd was surprisingly well behaved especially as it consisted mainly of hen nights, must have been six of them. It gladened my heart to see so many real girls struggling to cope in heels before they got to the drink let alone after and as for appropriate dress to their size, mmmmm perhaps not.



Sunday saw Stephanie over for some photo'sthen off to Brent Cross. Poor Steph, she realised her outfit error too late, a little too short and flimsy, ooop, or she said to me, if I do this again tell me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment