Tuesday 27 May 2014

Long Weekend

Saturday sees madame and I off to Oxford Street, she is taking something back to M&S as we have a 20% off voucher so she can buy it again. I see a rather nice cardigan, Limited Edition. We decide to pop over to Primark and if nothing is purchased return. Well of course that goes by the board in the end. Primark gives madame something and me a new swimsuit. We return to M&S and the cardigan is purchased.

Saturday night and we are off on a vanilla night in Camden and Lock17. Our daughter is being given a night out by the security firm she works for. I do however have a problem. Drunks are not exactly my favourite people and I have little or no patience with them so I approach the night with trepidation. We are on a balcony so I can observe the bar below. It is quite incredible, the average for a round of drinks is £15 and the four bar staff have problems keeping up with demand. After inquiring I find out how much they earn and I mean earn and considering the amount of money going into the tills they are extremely underpaid. Waiting for the night bus Camden takes on a new light, the drunk and incapable are few and far between which is not the impression you get when driving through.

Sunday sees us off to M&S at London Colney and after a rather nice vegetarian breakfast I succumb to the yellow frock and another rather splendid offering, one with 20% off and the other 50% !



Monday we are off again, Oxford Street and M&S, again! madame gets herself a pair of shoes and so do I, a pair of Autograph white summer shoes. Unfortunately they don't have my size in stock so we order them and will be picking them up tomorrow from Brent Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment