Tuesday 23 July 2013

In and out round and about

A lush couple of days. Off out and about on Sunday, Regents Park. It starts cloudy but warmish then hot and sunny. We stroll through the park and I learn that it is not a good idea to wear new shoes with bare feet so its walking barefoot through the park.
It never ceases to amaze me how I have changed. In male mode I would never dream of walking barefoot, I would not even be barefoot in sandals but in girlie mode.... Aaaanyway we decide to walk down to Camden so it is definitely shoes on. Camden is of course packed to the gills. Its summer, the sun is out and its hot therefore the place is rammed. The clement weather of course requires me to be... tattoo's out and even those don't get much of a look, quite amazing. On our way down the the High Street we pop into the Dublin Castle for a drink, never been in there before. It is one of the most famous pubs in London, famous for its live music and the many groups that have cut their performing teeth there. It is wonderfully seedy so seedy that your glass sticks to the table, but then there is a right time and place for seedy and this is it. I expected it and therefore would have been disappointed if it had a sparkly and shiny corporate look. It wouldn't have suited it and attracted the wrong customer and driven away the right ones. I do wish some chain eateries etc would recognise this but if course they won't, they haven't got a clue really.
By the time we have walked through the market we are both shattered and catch the train home and relax in the garden.

What to do yesterday? Well it promises to be really hot and it is, thoughts of going up to town fade rapidly so its off to Westfield at White City. The day does not start well. We go out and the traffic is jammed solid, is it roadworks or an accident? We get an alternative bus which leads to another and may, just may get us around the problem... it doesn't. All the buses are diverted so off we get and walk to the station and enables me to inspect a sofa in a shop that I have coveted for ages. The fact that there is no way on earth I could afford it does not turn me off nor the fact that the cats would tear it to shreds as soon as your back was turned. So we stroll on to the station. A short wait and we are on our way with the air conditioning running full blast. Of course it is lovely and comfortable until that is we arrive at Shepherds Bush station and full heat of the day hits us as we alight. Phew my dears is not the word.
I am under instructions from madame to go to M&S to find an item which of course they do not have so am thence sent forth to the Ted Baker shop for an alternative which they do not have. later I requested to return to M&S where we do find an alternative. Thankfully using technology we manage to send her a picture to get confirmation.
One of our first ports of call is Boots, I need some Clinique makeup and various other pre-holiday sundries. While I am looking around the shelves I am approached by a young woman. Excuse me she says but I normally never talk to strangers or pass opinions. Oh dear I thought, ready to put the shutters up and ready myself for a slanging match when she says......... I just have to tell you that you look absolutely amazing ! To say I am gobsmacked is putting it mildly and can only mutter thank you with the sweetest smile I can muster and of course spend the rest of the day with a smug smile. Very naughty, two visits to Byrons for a their utterly delicious and highly addictive milkshakes and their attentive and above all friendly staff. The journey home is hot and sweaty, the air conditioning has not been cranked up enough and the bus is packed and we are exhausted but as I say a fab couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment