Friday 19 July 2013

Holday shopping

Another successful shopping trip. Yesterday sees the kitchen almost finished at about 8am when madame asks if I would like to accompany her to Oxford Street so its down tools and out by 8.30. Straight to Primarni and a pair of el cheaperoonry, dare I say it, male shorts are followed by a pair of denim girlie ones plus a pair of white sandals. Now as you will find later Primarni sizing is total crapola. The denim shorts are a size 12 and fit like a dream. Thinking we are to be homeward bound I pop into Superdrug for some clear nail varnish. This magical elixir has proved a real nail saver. Well over 600 tiles stuck to the walls, ceilings and paintwork washed and painted and not a broken nail in sight. So much so that I am considering trimming them post girlie days on Sunday and Monday.
Aaaanyway I digress, nail varnish bought madame asks if I fancy a jaunt down to the Kurt Gieger shop in Covent Garden. It seems the flat shoes I was after a while ago are in the sale, £120 down to £39. So off we trot whereupon madame spots a pair of low heels and a rather cute bag to go with the flats she bought recently. Suitably weighed down we trek home only to find the sandals do not fit. Well they do and they dont. Everything is fine except the ankle strap is not long enough, in fact not long enough for madame who is at least a size smaller then me so they are marked for return. Back home its lunch and a quick nana nap in the garden and back to the grouting and excess grout removing.
Up with the lark again this morning to get the last of the excess grout off and to wash the inside of a cupboard then paint it. As I am painting the last door madame appears and I say when I've finished I'll go with her to return the sandals. We get to Primarni about 9.00am and she returns the sandals while I have a mooch around. Well by the time we finish I have a new frock in a 16, a long white top and a long legged multi-coloured playsuit in a 16. See what I mean about sizing?. We stagger out with our collective purchases and into M&S where I need two pairs of, ahem, dangly bits flattening knickers. These bought we drop into Pret for a late breakfast, well late for me that is, as it is about 10am. Post face stuffing madame returns to Primarni while I elect for a stroll around Selfridges. We are soon homeward bound and post liquid refreshment on our way to Brent Cross where I manage to find a nice pair of sandals in M&S, £19.50 down to £12. So that is two pairs of shorts, a long white top, sandals, playsuit, frock, knickers all for around £50 and holiday shopping complete !!

No comments:

Post a Comment