Wednesday 25 September 2013

Misrepresentation

It keeps happening, surely it comes under the trades descriptions act. Obviously not seeing as who is at it. What I hear you ask. Well now I take far more interest in my appearance it is apparent there is a marked difference between an item of clothing hanging on a rail in the shop and when it is put on a mannequin in said shop. The other day I espied a dream of a frock in John Lewis on a mannequin so went in search of it. Once found I noticed it was rather straight, no shaping at all quite unlike the version on the mannequin where it fitted rather snugly at the waist. Further investigation resulted in finding at least four inches of spare fabric taken in with pins at the back ! John Lewis is not the only culprit. Once warned twice shy I find M&S at the same malarky of alteration. Now to me and anyone else I hope, this changes the item, it makes it an entirely different thing altogether. Surely this is wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment