Wednesday 8 May 2013

It's not often

Well it isn't often I complain about dear old John Lewis but.... in I troll this a.m. to buy some black holdups. Can I find any? No. Plenty of nearly black. What's that all about, nearly black, ugh! So I take myself off to Marks and Spencer and without any trouble I locate them.
The other day I went in search of new foundation sponges. With a little left over from my Mac voucher I thought I would try theirs, big mistake. They are awful and dare I say it far inferior to those sold by Boots, so I got another of theirs today.

Soooo, there I am wandering Brent Cross as is my won't and my phone asks if it can do an update, muggins of course replies in the affirmative doesn't she. Idiot. Half an hour later and a flat battery later it finishes and of course it loses all my settings. Why oh why in this age is a software update not able to take on board previous settings and put things back as it was. It can define what it can update and what it can't. It can preserve contacts, pictures etc, etc but settings oh no, grrrrrrrrr! On returning home it took ages it put it all back where it was.

Oh it gets worse. There used to be a memo facility, that is deemed no longer required in favour of a note facility. So far so good. To create a memo in the good old days you just started a new one, now it says what template do you want. Template? For a bloody note! Good grief ! Want to save it. It actually asks you if you are sure. What ! For goodness sake if I say save then save it, its not as though I said delete is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment