Monday 14 October 2013

Away

A weekend away on my own visiting a friend in Witney Oxfordshire in drab though. All goes well until I decide I know better than the SatNav which involves an extra thirty miles ! Ah well I got there. A stop at Beaconsfield services brings an awful bacon roll from Starbucks, so dry, so they won't be getting my money again.
Aaaanyway after I arrive we drive to Blenheim Palace and walk the circular walk, all three odd miles of it and lush it was too. I just could not believe the number of pheasants, hundreds, literally hundreds of them.



Post walkies we take tea just outside Blenheim Palace in an olde worlde tea shoppe with teddy bears ! Soooo cute !



Sunday and its raining, what to do? Off to Swindon and the railway museum which is interesting ans I just love the engineering but not being reminded by things I saw as a child that have now found their way into a museum.



We take a turn around the outlet centre but I find nothing that takes my fancy which is lucky as I am not that flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment