Monday 3 June 2013

A new one

Well my lovelies heartily sick as I am with the way Flickr have, as they put it 'enhanced your experience' or as I say mucked about and ruined their layout and way of working I may, just may, move my loyalties to ipernity.com. I've set up an account with a minimum of content just to see what happens.
Of course there does not appear to be much content yet from our community but we shall see what we shall see. If enough of us publicise our moving then perhaps others will follow. Ever the pessimistic optimist I get the feeling that many groups on Flickr are not actually being run by anyone, more that those who set them up are long gone but have never deleted their accounts.
Ipernity does seem like the 'old, old' Flickr that is the incarnation before the last changes let alone the current ones. Let us hope they do not feel the urge to follow in Flickr's footsteps.
Of course I shall now have to update my own website which initially will be a pain. I haven't updated it, apart from the Berlin trip, in the last six months. Well it all takes so much effort and there are better things to do especially now we might be getting some descent weather. Now that statement might actually make me a optimistic pessimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment